Monday, August 25, 2008

Too Salty and Paying For Your Phone Bill

I ate at my favorite little cafe the other day and ordered the Summer Salad. It's usually tasty, but on this particular day it tasted like someone had poured a whole shaker of salt into the bowl. As I was taking a bite, I noticed the waiter stopped to watch my expression. I called him over and told him about the salt. He said "yeah, people have been complaining all day about too much salt." I guess the word never got back to the kitchen.

Even the Phone Bill Statement Costs Money

It came time to pay the phone bill the other day and it amounted to almost 200 US dollars, so I asked the cashier for a list of all the calls. "Not a problem, but it will cost you six bucks," she replied. It's the first time I've ever had to pay for a phone bill statement.

1 comment:

Eric said...

That's great! A wonderful way to take care of those pesky customers!