Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lexington Avenue Arts and Fun Festival aka LAAFF



Bang the Drum Slowly
Three blocks of fun with plenty of fashion statements made for a day of laughs and inspiration at a little festival in Asheville called LAAFA or Lexington Avenue Arts and Fun Festival. There were dueling knights on bicycles, fire dancers, gypsy music, silver-plated mimes and a cacophony of costumes.
Fire Dance
If this was a bit too much, just head three blocks east to the City-County Plaza for Shindig on the Green -- a mountain music program that featured square dancing, cloggers and lots of banjo pickers.
High School Bluegrass Band from Marshall, NC

Asheville's diversity was certainly on display this weekend.  Here are photos from both events.
Come Here, My Dear!

Knights on Bikes

Juggler in Cowboy Boots on Ball with Knives

Now in High Heels
Balance

Sun Painting
Balloon Man
Gypsy Band
Bottle Cap Truck
Vega
Storyteller/Singer/Songwriter Joe Penland

Do you Mime?
Trial by Fire


2 comments:

Deborah Pustorino said...

Isn't Asheville Great!! I love it.. I just moved out to the country after living near downtown the past 15 years..I moved to Gerton..do you know where that is? LOL I love it when many do not..

Radio Nomad said...

I know it, but have never been there. I think Marshall may be a wee bit bigger!