Sunday, May 20, 2012

Covered Bridge

There are often "things" along the way that you want to see, but you just don't take the time to see them. Yesterday, I took the time to see one of those "things."

I regularly travel to nearby Greenville, South Carolina for a change of scenery and along the way, on US Highway 25, is a sign for Campbell's Covered Bridge.  I even Googled it once and discovered it's the last surviving covered bridge in the state of South Carolina.  Yesterday, on my way back to Asheville, I detoured off the main road and travel along a beautiful country road for 11 miles or so and turned off to the right and there it was -- a beautiful old plank bridge surrounded by trees and a gentle creek flowing beneath.  It was peaceful.

I'm glad I took the time to slow down and make that detour.  The bridge is not spectacular, but it was refreshing to walk across it and for a few minutes imagine the sound of horse-drawn buggies and maybe even a Model T or two....creaking their way across those wooden planks.
The bridge was built in 1909.

2 comments:

ruzzel01 said...

It was familiar at first, until I remember it was like those places i see on fairy tale books.

tile cleaning phoenix

Jenefer Maron said...

Overall we have two important parts of one of them is called regular or aarohana ascending and decending the second is called regular or avarohana. Mother Ragha is the scale of all the seven notes are arranged in increasing perfect and the same seven notes are organized and arranged in decending perfect shape.
Indian Carnatic Classical Music