Sunday, April 24, 2011

First 24 Hours With a Kindle

I admit. I'm addicted. The Kindle is absolutely great. When I first heard about these digital readers I had vowed never to give up traditional books. I am keeping that vow, but am adding the Kindle to my collection.

There are many cool things about the Kindle, but my favorite is the ability to quickly download many, many books for free. Lots and lots of classics that I've always wanted to read, but never did purchase.  For instance, the Scarlet Pimperel, The Memoirs of US Grant, Scaramouche, Venus in Furs, etc.

And new discoveries -- The Gardener by Rabindranath Tagore, Bushido, the Soul of Japan by Inazo Nitobe and Pagan and Christian Creeds: Their Origin and Meaning by Edward Carpenter. This one kept me up late last evening -- burning the midnight oil....er night light....on my new Kindle.

No comments: